Life in
Ogre city

Let's go
Outside!

Have a nice
Walk

Let's go
Outside!

Relaxation on
Daugava

Pause

Lutheran Church of Krape

Lutheran Church of Krape
Address Krape Rural Territory, Ogre Municipality
Phone +371 65059760
Description

GPS [56.7363, 25.1230]

The foundation of a wooden church was laid on 30th April 1802, it was consecrated on 2nd November 1804. During 1856–1857, a stone church was built. The altarpiece Jesus in the Garden of Gethsemane is painted by Kārlis Hūns. In 1881, the congregation got its bell, which weighed 160 kg. A memorial plaque dedicated to O. Kalpaks and F. Balodis was displayed in 1936 (nowadays situated at the History and Art Museum of Ogre). During the Soviet period, a granary and a flat were located at the church. The church was handed over to the Krape Dairy in 1974, and Verners Pūpols, a director of the dairy, reconstructed the destroyed church, transforming the inner room of the church into a concert hall Liepziedi. The church has stained-glass windows. An architectural  monument of local importance.

Date: 28 / 01 / 2022
Spodris, Kārlis